Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Sundre has a compelling history and a promising future. Though our roots are firmly planted in farming & ranching, Sundre's personality today also includes an odd & interesting mix of "hard-working, blue-collar town" and "holiday-vibe tourism destination".
On the industry side, much of our local business revolves around servicing the oil & gas sector, while Sundre Forest Products remains the single largest employer for the community.
And a tourism destination? With its proximity to the mountains and all the adventure and nature-based tourism opportunities that come with that, its first-class golf courses, and its beautiful setting on the Red Deer River, Sundre attracts both short and long-term visitors. While some use the town as a base for exploring the great West Country for a weekend or a week, others have made Sundre their summer home-away-from-home. Though our year-round population is about 2700 residents, that number swells by thousands with more than 1000 RV lots located in and around Sundre.
As a place to put down your own roots, Sundre offers you:
- a fabulous location with easy access to larger centres such as Red Deer and Calgary
- a beautifully-treed riverside setting, and easy access to a Rocky Mountain playground
- trails, parks and a good variety of recreation facilities and options
- solid health services and education system, K - 12
- a safe community in which to raise your family
- a welcoming attitude that quickly adopts and embraces newcomers
A place that just feels like "home".