Sundre's school system boasts a dedicated and innovative staff, whose focus is squarely on your kids. River Valley School (kindergarten to grade 8) builds a creative and inclusive environment that continues on into grades 9 to 12 at the Sundre High School.
At SHS, excellent academic, athletic and music programs have turned many Sundre youth into provincial champions of various sorts and the school performs amongst the highest level throughout the province, in terms of number of graduates, number of students participating in Provincial Achievement Tests, and in other critical areas.
Sundre High School's commitment to delivering a well-rounded and solid education to its students has also resulted in a very successful dual credit program (where students earn transferable college/trade credits while still in high school) and in a Community Learning Centre which offers an alternative learning environment.
Sundre's CLC is considered an exceptional model for such facilities, both within the local school division and beyond.
Chinook's Edge Regional School Division # 73
4904 - 50 Street, Innisfail, AB T46 1W4
Tel: (403) 227-7070
Fax: (403) 227-3652
Chairman: Doug Wagstaff
Vice Chairman: Ian Taylor
Superintendent: Jim Gibbons
Trustee: Ron Fisher: (403) 638-3670
River Valley School
Kindergarten to Grade 8
Tel: (403) 638-3939
Leslie Cooper-Shand, Principal
310 Centre Street N
Sundre Senior High School
Tel: (403) 638-4545
Scott Saunders, Principal
102 - 2 Ave. NW
Private & Continuing Education:
Olds Mountain View Christian School, Harmattan
Tel: (403) 556-1551
Kristi Whiteford, Principal
- Individualized learning, ECS to Grade 12
- Home schooling
Adult & Family Literacy:
Mountain View Communities Adult Learning Society
4500 - 50 Street, Olds College Ralph Klein Centre, Olds, AB T4H 1R6
Lana Bramley, Executive Director
Hours: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Thursday
Family Literacy Programs
Stacey Bozak, Coordinator
- Our programs, offered throughout the communities in Mountain View County, support parents through sharing skills, tools and resources to enhance literacy development within the family.
- Programs include Books for Babies, Parent-Child Mother Goose/Rhymes that Bind, and First Years: Building Baby's Brain.
Adult Literacy Programs
- We offer one-on-one tutoring for adults who would like to improve their reading, writing or math skills.
- We also teach English as a Second Language.
- We offer training for all our tutors.
Sundre Municipal Library
#2 - 310 Centre St. N.
Tel: (403) 638-4000
- Tuesday - from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday - from 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
- Thursday - from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (as of Sep.20, 2007)
- Friday - from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm
- Closed on statutory holidays.
Other Education-Related Groups:
Parents' Help Line
Nutrition For Learning
Campus Alberta Central
Your College Connection