Temporary Community Services – Operator II
We are recruiting a Community Service Operator II, who will report to the Community Services Manager. This position performs a variety of functions, which include:
- Maintaining parks and trails
- Arena Ice Maintenance
- Facility Maintenance
Who do we need?
The right candidate will be able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently and can work independently or along side other staff members or contractors. The candidate must be able to positively interact with the staff, contractors and public in a courteous and professional manner.
Skills and Abilities:
All of the following will be considered an asset:
- Horticulture Certificate, Landscape Gardening or equivalent combination of experience and technical skills
- Turf grass Management Certificate equivalent combination of experience and technical skills
- Arena Operator Level I or equivalent combination of experience and technical skills
- Recreational Facility Personnel courses
· Grade 12 Diploma
· Ability to perform manual labour and work in diverse and inclement weather conditions
· A valid class 5 driver’s license.
A driver’s abstract and Vulnerable Sector check will be conducted prior to hiring and a condition of employment.
All levels of Education and experience are encouraged to apply. This is a temporary full-time position, based on 40 hours per week. May have to work some weeknights and weekends. Salary will follow the 2022 Town of Sundre pay grid for this position.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is selected.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your resumé and a cover letter quoting Competition # 2022-010 to:
Town of Sundre
717 Main Avenue West
PO Box 420, Sundre, AB. T0M 1X0
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 403.638.2100
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.